You want lasting results when you build links to your website. It does not make sense to invest your time in search engine optimization methods that are just a flash-in-the-pan.
How do you judge the quality of a website? What is a good website and from which web pages should you get links?
1. The PageRank of a website is not that important
Many webmasters only want to get backlinks from pages with a particular PageRank. While you can use this method, it is usually a waste of time and it makes link building more difficult than it really is.
If a website has an overall high quality then it does not matter if the page with the link to your website has a low Google PageRank:
- If a high quality website adds a new page, the new page will have an initial PageRank of zero. Nevertheless, the page can still be very good.
- A page that has a PageRank of zero today can have a high PageRank tomorrow.
If only pages with a high PageRank had a chance, it wouldn’t be possible to get new pages in Google’s result page. Experience shows that new pages appear in Google’s results every day.
In addition, the PageRank that Google publicly displays is not the actual PageRank that Google uses in its algorithm and the PageRank value can be manipulated.
2. Common sense leads to lasting results
You do not need special metrics to judge the quality of a web page. When you find a web page that could link to your site, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does the linking page look good to the average web surfer?
- Does the page have interesting content?
- Is the content somewhat related to my website?
- Does it make sense if the web page links to your site?
If you can answer all questions with “yes” then you should try to get a backlink from that page. It doesn’t matter if that page has a low PageRank.
3. Give Google what they want and your website will succeed
Google tries to imitate common sense with its algorithm. If you use common sense to build your links and follow the tips above, you make sure that the backlinks to your website will count in all future updates of Google’s algorithm.
The link building tools in IBP help you to build links with a common sense approach. If you build links with the tools in IBP, you will get lasting results and you make sure that your backlinks won’t be flagged by Google’s future algorithm updates.
Article by Axandra SEO software
- How to Use Internal Linking to Improve Your Website’s SEO (hubspot.com)
- 5 Ways to build links to your website (hodgesnet.co.uk)
- Creating Win-Win Link Building Scenarios (searchenginewatch.com)