If you want to succeed with an activity, you have to find the perfect balance of the factors that are involved in that activity. It’s the same with search engine optimization. If you want to get high rankings on Google or Bing, you have to find the right balance between on-site factors and off-site factors.
What are on-site and offsite factors?
1. On-site optimization refers to the factors that you can control on your web site:
- The text on your web page.
- The number of web pages on your website.
- The number of keywords and related keywords on your web pages.
- The links on your web pages to other pages of your site.
- The links on your web pages to other websites.
- The structure of your website.
- The robots.txt of your site.
- The HTML code of your web pages.
2. Off-site optimization refers to the ranking factors that are usually out of your control. The most important off-site factor are the links to your web site:
- The number of backlinks that point to your website.
- The quality of the backlinks that point to your website.
- How often your website is mentioned on social media sites.
Search engines determine the position of your website in the search results based on the on-site and the off-site factors of your website.
What is more important for your website?
Some webmasters invest most of their time in on-site optimization. Others swear that links from other websites are the only way to get high rankings on Google.
Depending on the keywords for which you optimize your website, you can achieve good results with both methods.
You will get the best possible results for your website, if you combine both factors:
You need both factors to get good results
If you optimize the on-site factors of your website then you make it as easy as possible for search engine spiders to parse your web pages.
The content of your web pages should contain the right elements and the right keywords in the right places so that search engines know what your website is about.
Links from other websites that contain your target keywords show search engines that other people also find your website relevant to a certain topic. If other people mention your website on social media sites then search engines know that real people like your website.
Analyze the on-site and the off-site factors of your web pages
If you want to get high rankings for a certain keyword, analyze the web page for which you want to get high rankings with IBP’s Top 10 Optimizer.
The optimizer will tell you how to correct the on-site elements of your web page and how to change the links so that your website gets top 10 rankings on Google and other search engines for any chosen keyword. The optimizer also considers the social media mentions.
Finding the perfect balance between on-site and off-site optimization is easy with IBP’s Top 10 Optimizer. If you follow the advice of IBP’s Top 10 Optimizer, your website will get the rankings that it deserves.
Article by Axandra SEO software
- 3 Search Engine Optimization Mistakes That You Are Making (hubspot.com)
- 4 Things Experts Can Teach You About SEO [New Ebook!] (hubspot.com)
This article has been contributed by another writer, blogger or website. The content is their copyright and represents their views.