If your business is in an industry that’s not ‘sexy’, you might think that it is impossible to get backlinks to your website. Of course, it is much easier to get backlinks if there are a lot of blogs about your topic. With the right ideas, however, you can get backlinks to your website even if your business or product is rather boring.
Step 1: build a list of related topics
Start with your business at the top of the list. Then expand the list:
- What is your business vertical?
- Which business verticals are similar to yours?
- Which topics are important to your business?
- Which topics are important to related businesses?
- Which parent category is related to your business?
- Are there any related parent categories?
- Are there broader or loosely related topics? If your company manufactures paper, you might consider “art”, “painting”, “office supplies”, “newspapers”, “handicraft work”, etc.
- Who are your vendors?
- Are there any industry trends or ‘hot topics’?
- Who are your competitors?
You get the idea. Write down as many topics as possible.
Step 2: build a list of related people and communities
After finding relevant topics, its time to find relevant people:
- Check your business associations and build a list of association members.
- Which online communities are closely related to your business?
- Which communities are loosely related to your business?
- Who blogs about your topics?
- Who blogs about your topics and other things?
- Who are the experts and enthusiasts in your industry?
Step 3: filter your lists
After building your lists, separate the wheat from the chaff:
- Visit the blogs and social media profiles of the people you have found above.
- Check the communities to find out if they are active.
- How relevant are the communities to your business?
- Who are the big influencers?
- Who are the smaller influencers?
While checking communities and influencers you will find new websites and businesses that might prove to be good link partners. The ‘Add to link manager’ bookmarklet in SEOprofiler helps you to quickly add these pages to your link building list so that you do not forget them.
For some industries, there are no ideal link building opportunities. Don’t be afraid to accept backlinks that aren’t 100% perfect. As long as a link is relevant to some human website visitors, it is a good backlink.
Work more efficiently with the right tools
The tools in SEOprofiler can help you to build backlinks more efficiently. The backlink manager helps you to keep track of your link building activities, the link building tools help you to get new backlink ideas, etc.
SEOprofiler offers many powerful tools that help you to get your website on the first result page for keywords that deliver targeted visitors to your website. If you haven’t done it yet, create your SEOprofiler account now:
Article by Axandra SEO software
This article has been contributed by another writer, blogger or website. The content is their copyright and represents their views.