This year, we published many articles that help you to get better results for your website. In this issue, you have a quick overview of the 2011 articles, sorted by category: Google ranking algorithm insights, tips and tricks, link building, Google’s +1 button and Google algorithm updates.
Google ranking algorithm insights:
From time to time, insider information about Google’s ranking algorithm leaks. As a subscriber of our newsletter, you will always be up-to-date with the latest insider knowledge:
- New Google patent: does your site have references from trusted agents?
- How search engines might weight the relevance of anchor texts
- How spelling mistakes influence your rankings on Google
- The impact of spammy backlinks on your Google rankings
- Flash pages still won’t get high rankings on Google
- Google says that valid HTML code is a quality signal
- Official Google statement: don’t obsess about PageRank
- Official Google advice: how to check if your contents pass Google’s new quality requirements
- How Google segments the contents of a web page
Tips and tricks:
Search engine optimization is the most effective way to promote your business. We regularly publish tips and tricks that help you to get more out of your website:
- Five tips with examples: how to turn more visitors into customers
- Has your website been penalized by Google? Here’s what you can do
- Google’s leaked quality rater handbook: 7 helpful tips
- Official Google statements: how to optimize your web pages
- Four steps to reach customers with Google in different countries
- Lust, curiosity, prestige and forbidden fruits
- With Google’s new sitelinks, the meta description tag becomes more important
- How to check if spammers abuse your website
- How Googlers review reconsideration requests
- Outrun the bear: five steps to beat your competitors
- How many days does it take to get listed on Google’s first result page?
- Official Google statements: how to optimize your site
- Is your website used by search engine spammers?
- How to get more clicks on your Google listings
- The top result on Google gets over 36% of all clicks
- How to get 50% more customers with a simple change
- How to get listed as quickly as possible in Google’s search results
- Why SEO is like wealth building
- Watch out: Google continues to penalize spammers
- 5 reasons why your SEO campaign doesn’t work (yet)
- How your web page changes influence your search engine rankings
Link building is still the most important search engine optimization activity and it seems that high quality backlinks will remain the most important ranking factor for the foreseeable future:
- Four types of backlinks that your website can get
- Optimize your internal links to get higher search engine rankings
- Why the iPhone 5 will fail (how to create linkworthy content)
- The risk of using dubious link-building services
- Seven things that can help you with your link building campaign
- Four ways to get natural backlinks
- How to get links from authority sites (+ plan B to get more links)
- Paid links: do you still have to worry about them?
- Reciprocal links: don’t be fooled by false information
Google’s +1 button:
Google introduced the +1 button for web pages this year. The new button is Google’s answer to Facebook’s ‘Like’ button and it influences the position of your website in Google’s results:
- Google +1 as a ranking factor: how it influences your website
- Everything you need to know about Google’s +1 button
Google ranking algorithm changes:
Whenever Google has a new ranking algorithm, our newsletter will inform you. You will also get tips and tricks on how to benefit from Google’s algorithm updates:
- The most important Google ranking algorithm changes in 2011
- Official Google information: 10 recent algorithm changes
- Google to penalize ad heavy websites – is your website at risk?
- How to secure your rankings after Google’s latest update
- Official Google statements about the latest algorithm update
- Google has released a major ranking algorithm update
- Official: Google launches a new anti-spam algorithm against content farms
- How Google is going to fight spam sites in 2011
- 5 ways to improve your Google rankings with your existing backlinks
This is the 504th issue of our weekly newsletter. That means that it has been available for 9 years and 243 days. We’ll continue to provide you with detailed information about how to get more customers through search engines in the years to come.
Article by Axandra SEO software
This article has been contributed by another writer, blogger or website. The content is their copyright and represents their views.