Most businesses want quick and easy solutions to their problems. They want high rankings on Google and they want them now.
That’s why there are so many companies that offer seemingly quick and easy ways to get listed on Google’s first result page. What do they cost? Can your business afford them?
Four quick and easy ways to get your website on Google
There are many different tools and services that promise a fast track to Google’s search results. Here are the most popular offerings:
- Buy links from high PR pages?Some companies sell links from high PR pages. Links from these pages used to give your web page rankings a boost in Google’s search results. Some of these links still work.The problem with these links is that Google doesn’t like them at all. Since Google’s Penguin updates, paid links can get your website into major trouble and your website might lose all of its rankings.
- Join a backlink network?Some companies offer private link networks. If you join these networks, your website will get hundreds of backlinks with very little work.Just like paid links, these network links used to have a positive effect. Unfortunately, these links are against Google’s TOS and Google will downrank your web pages if they find out that you participate in a link network. Several link networks have been penalized by Google during the last few months.
- Quickly get backlinks from social media sites, forums and blogs?There are several software tools that automatically create backlinks from social media sites, forums and blog comments. To get these backlinks, the tools create fake accounts on several web pages and then they create thin content with a backlink to your site.Until recently, you could give your website a major ranking boost with this method. Google’s anti spam updates have stopped this. If you use these tools, you invite Google to penalize your site. All tools that use fake social media accounts are spamming tools.
- Quickly fill your website with content?Everybody knows that web pages need content to get high search engine rankings. The easiest way to get content rich web pages is to reproduce content from other websites on your website.There are several scripts that will scrape other web pages and remix the content. If you use this on your own web pages, you will soon find out that Google’s Panda update doesn’t like it.
How much do these services cost?
The companies that offer the services above charge $100-$1000/month. When you consider that all of the solutions are nearly fully automatic, this seems to be a relatively good price.
The problem with the methods mentioned above is that they all will get your website banned from Google’s search result pages sooner or later. Google thinks that these methods are spam and they are right.
You can get short term results with these methods but it is only a matter of time until your website will be penalized. That’s the real price of these quick and easy SEO solutions.
Checklist: when to avoid the methods above
If your answer to one of the following three questions is ‘yes’ then you should avoid the methods above at all costs:
- Does your company have employees or investors?
- Is your website the primary source of your income?
- Would losing most of your visitors be a disaster for your income?
If you want to get high rankings on Google without risking your website, use safe search engine optimization methods. Safe SEO methods are search engine optimization methods that play by the rules. If you optimize your web pages with these methods, you will get high rankings that last.
SEOprofiler is a so-called white-hat SEO tool that only uses safe SEO methods. If you haven’t done it yet, try SEOprofiler now:
Article by Axandra SEO software