- Worked as a psychologist helping people in companies communicate more effectively, with a particular emphasis in recent years on using the Internet
- Enabled companies to be more effective online and improve their profitability as a result
- Written 27 books, including 12 about the Internet and been a major contributor to several others, including a major Reader’s Digest book on technology.
- Provided blue chip companies with Internet business consultancy.
- Produced several Internet communications courses for companies.
- Designed a communications skills programme for NHS nurses.
- Trained thousands of senior executives in effective communications and Internet skills.
- Trained 100 Olympic athletes in communications skills.
- Written thousands of articles for national newspapers, magazines and trade periodicals
- Made several hundred conference presentations and speeches
- Appeared on several radio programmes as an expert psychologist
- Helped companies win awards
- Won a ‘writer of the year’ award
- Was elected President of the Professional Speaking Association, 2010-11.
Visiting Lecturer, University of Buckingham
- Teaching E-commerce and E-business to undergraduates on business degrees and postgraduates doing an MBA.
- Guest speaker on Internet Marketing
Associate Lecturer, Open University
- Taught psychological aspects of the Internet for three years.
- Recruited to be one of the first tutors on a new course on Childhood studies.
- Teaches the Child Development core course for the psychology degree.
- Have been an examiner since 2000.
Science Editor – Doctor Magazine and Hospital Doctor Magazine
- Revamped medical/scientific coverage of weekly tabloid for GPs.
- Introduced first ever video magazine for British doctors.
- Implemented training programme for new staff.
Press Officer – Polydor Records
- Arranged media coverage for first ever live concert by Jean Michelle-Jarre.
- Introduced UK coverage of Polydor into international, internal magazine.
- Helped ensure major artists saw extended press coverage.
Reporter – Surrey Daily Advertiser
- Provided news coverage to a morning newspaper.
- Introduced higher education coverage on a daily basis.
- Provided training services on education/science to new reporters.
Freelance Presenter – BBC Radio Medway (now called Radio Kent)
- Provided interviews for the Breakfast Show.
- Presented the ‘reminiscences’ programme.
- B.Sc. (Hons), Human Biology, University of Surrey
- B.A. (Hons), Psychology, Open University
- M.Ed. – Education, Open University
- M.Sc. – Communications, Open University
- Adv. Dip. Ed., Developmental Psychology, Open University
- MBPsS – Membership of the British Psychological Society
- FPSA – Fellowship of the Professional Speaking Association
- Former pupil at Sir Joseph Williamson’s Mathematical School for Boys, Rochester, Kent gaining 6 O Levels, 3 A Levels and 1 S Level.
- British Psychological Society
- Professional Speaking Association
- Society of Authors