- Worked as a psychologist helping people in companies communicate more effectively, with a particular emphasis in recent years on using the Internet
- Enabled companies to be more effective online and improve their profitability as a result
- Written 27 books, including 12 about the Internet and been a major contributor to several others, including a major Reader’s Digest book on technology.
- Provided blue chip companies with Internet business consultancy.
- Produced several Internet communications courses for companies.
- Designed a communications skills programme for NHS nurses.
- Trained thousands of senior executives in effective communications and Internet skills.
- Trained 100 Olympic athletes in communications skills.
- Written thousands of articles for national newspapers, magazines and trade periodicals
- Made several hundred conference presentations and speeches
- Appeared on several radio programmes as an expert psychologist
- Helped companies win awards
- Won a ‘writer of the year’ award
- Was elected President of the Professional Speaking Association, 2010-11.
Visiting Lecturer, University of Buckingham
- Teaching E-commerce and E-business to undergraduates on business degrees and postgraduates doing an MBA.
- Guest speaker on Internet Marketing
Associate Lecturer, Open University
- Taught psychological aspects of the Internet for three years.
- Recruited to be one of the first tutors on a new course on Childhood studies.
- Teaches the Child Development core course for the psychology degree.
- Have been an examiner since 2000.
Science Editor – Doctor Magazine and Hospital Doctor Magazine
- Revamped medical/scientific coverage of weekly tabloid for GPs.
- Introduced first ever video magazine for British doctors.
- Implemented training programme for new staff.
Press Officer – Polydor Records
- Arranged media coverage for first ever live concert by Jean Michelle-Jarre.
- Introduced UK coverage of Polydor into international, internal magazine.
- Helped ensure major artists saw extended press coverage.
Reporter – Surrey Daily Advertiser
- Provided news coverage to a morning newspaper.
- Introduced higher education coverage on a daily basis.
- Provided training services on education/science to new reporters.
Freelance Presenter – BBC Radio Medway (now called Radio Kent)
- Provided interviews for the Breakfast Show.
- Presented the ‘reminiscences’ programme.
- B.Sc. (Hons), Human Biology, University of Surrey
- B.A. (Hons), Psychology, Open University
- M.Ed. – Education, Open University
- M.Sc. – Communications, Open University
- Adv. Dip. Ed., Developmental Psychology, Open University
- MBPsS – Membership of the British Psychological Society
- FPSA – Fellowship of the Professional Speaking Association
- Former pupil at Sir Joseph Williamson’s Mathematical School for Boys, Rochester, Kent gaining 6 O Levels, 3 A Levels and 1 S Level.
- British Psychological Society
- Professional Speaking Association
- Society of Authors
Graham Jones is an Internet Psychologist who studies the way people use the online world, in particular how people engage with businesses. He uses this knowledge to help companies improve their online connections to their customers and potential customers and offers consultancy, workshops, masterclasses and webinars. He also speaks regularly at conferences and business events. Graham is an award-winning writer and the author of 32 books, several of which are about various aspects of the Internet. For more information connect with me on Google+