Today sees the launch of the Econsultancy Innovation Awards 2009, dedicated to recognising the smartest new ideas and achievements across digital marketing and e-commerce.
Building on the success of last year’s awards where Thomas Cook, Tagman, Quirk and Mydeco were amongst the winners, Econsultancy has included a number of new award categories such as Innovation in Rich Media and Video, Innovation in Mobile Marketing and Innovation in Online PR to recognise increasingly influential elements of digital strategy.
Entries will be assessed by a prestigious panel of judges from companies known for innovation, including Sara Linfoot (The Guardian), Adrian Blair (Google) and Noam Buchalter (Unilever), and joined by industry experts Avinash Kaushik and Dr. Dave Chaffey.
The Awards are fast becoming the benchmark for digital innovation, as last year’s winners testify; Managing Director of Quirk eMarketing Nic Ray says “Quirk was exceptionally proud to be a winner at last year’s Innovation Awards. Econsultancy represents our industry better than anybody, so to get recognition for our work from them was very special. The award has also generated a lot of interest and business for Quirk, so we will be sure to enter again this year.”
There are 22 award categories this year, of which 12 are new:
• Innovation in Affiliate Marketing
• Innovation in B2B Digital Marketing (new)
• Innovation in E-commerce (new)
• Innovation in Email Marketing
• Innovation in Lead Generation Online (new)
• Innovation in Mobile Marketing (new)
• Innovation in Multichannel Marketing
• Innovation in Online Customer Service (new)
• Innovation in Online Marketing Research or Customer Insight (new)
• Innovation in Online PR (new)
• Innovation in Paid Search/PPC
• Innovation in Rich Media and Video (new)
• Innovation in SEO/Natural Search
• Innovation in Social Media
• Innovation in User Experience
• Innovation in Web Analytics and Optimization
• Innovation in Web Content Management (new)
• Most Innovative Digital Agency (new)
• Most Innovative Digital Marketing Team (new)
• Most Innovative New Technology (new)
• Most Innovative Online Advertising Campaign
• Most Innovative Person in Digital Marketing
Entry is now open for the Innovation Awards until 23rd October; more information and submission guidelines can be found at: http://econsultancy.com/awards
This article has been contributed by a PR agency or Press Officer.