Links from high authority websites have the biggest impact on the position of your web pages in Google search results. If high authority websites link to your site with your keywords in the anchor text, the chances that your site will be listed in the top 10 results for that keyword increase dramatically.
What are high authority websites?
High authority websites are website that are trusted by Google. In general, high authority websites meet two or more of the following criteria:
- they are old and established websites that are several years old
- the websites did not contain spam in the past
- they have many backlinks from other sites
- they belong to the most important sites for a particular topic
Step 1: find high authority sites
Although the PageRank that Google displays in its toolbar is discussed controversially, it is still a good indicator to find authority websites (if the PageRank is 7 or higher).
To find authority websites, do the following:
- Use the “Add sites” feature in IBP’s link manager.
- Use one of the search options (for example, “Find sites that link to your competitor”).
- Let IBP add at least 500 new sites.
- Sort the list by PageRank by clicking the “PR” column header in the list.
Step 2: get links from these high authority sites
When you’ve found a high authority site, you should try to get a backlink from that site. Go through the list in IBP’s link manager and contact the webmasters of the authority sites.
If you have a good website with quality content, chances are that the high authority sites will link to your site.
Plan B: what to do if the authority sites don’t want to link to your site
Sometimes, an authority site links to many other websites but for some reason, the webmaster doesn’t want to link to your site.
In that case, you can still benefit from the link power of that site by contacting the webmasters of the sites that are linked by the high authority site:
High authority site links to website B > Website B links to your website
These links are called second-tier links. Of course, they don’t have the same effect as a direct link from a high authority site. However, they are still very valuable and it is likely that these links are more valuable than many other links that you can get on the Internet.
How to contact second-tier link providers quickly and easily
- Find a page on the high authority website that links to one or more external websites.
- Import the link page of the top-notch page in IBP’s link builder: IBP > Links > Add Sites > Import links
- IBP will import the links and get additional information for each website.
- Use IBP’s built-in email client and IBP’s built-in web browser to contact the websites.
Links from high quality websites are important for high rankings on Google. The more links point to your website, the better. IBP helps you to get the links that will improve the position of your website on Google and other search engines.
If you want to find out if your web pages contain the right content and have the right links for high rankings on Google, analyze them with IBP’s Top 10 Optimizer.